I am passionate about shaping human experiences through my work, connecting individuals to specific environments and communicating ideas using graphic design and studio art methods to create striking, memorable finished products.
My strengths include working on projects in collaborative environments with budgetary, regulatory and time restrictions.
Signcraft USA. Nashville, Tn.
2012 – Present, Environmental Graphic Designer
• Primary responsibilities consist of creating complete wayfinding, development and design of signage packages to meet the needs and budgets of clients. Occasionally collaborate closely with designers and architects on large scope sign packages and serve as project manager.
Key skills include knowledge of materials and fabrication methods, spatial understanding, digital representation of finished products, balancing a workload of time-sensitive projects and collaborating with colleagues under pressure.
Plaza Artist Materials. Nashville, Tn.
2009 – 2012, Assistant Manager
• While my primary role was of sales associate, additional responsibilities consisted of opening and closing duties (key-holder), lead picture framing designer and classroom coordinator.
Key skills included knowledge and creative application of products, time management and positive customer interaction.
Spartan Products. Memphis, Tn.
2007 – 2009, Senior Graphic Artist
• Designed and produced all artwork and design for custom silkscreened products. Consulted with customers for branding and marketing products.
Hobby Lobby. Germantown, Tn.
2005 – 2007, Certified Framer
• Excelled in assisting customers by utilizing knowledge of art and design concepts for picture framing, which contributed to a 68 percent increase in Frame Department annual revenue during 2006.
The Southern Graphics Council. Oxford, Ms. 2004, Printmaking Internship
• Archived artwork and information into a virtual database.
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Emphasis in Printmaking and Graphic Design.
University of Mississippi. Oxford, Ms.
Proficient in: Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, MS Office Suite
Experience in: Power Point, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Sketch Up
Freelance Graphic Designer
Experienced Photographer and Artist
Artwork Publications: The Yalobusha Review, Hyperbole Literary and Art Journal, and The Art of Caring
Student Art Association, University of Mississippi
Southern Graphics Council
Kappa Pi International Honorary Art Fraternity